Paying meat-eaters to eat a vegan meal

I saw this post at Meat Peeps, a creative blog about the strange ways of meat-eating folk:
http://meatpeeps.blogspot.com/2008/05/17-quitting-before-they-start.html

It gave me the idea that if someone told me they could 'never be a vegan', I would be prepared and offer them a five dollar wager that they would enjoy a vegan meal. I would take them out to a local vegan eatery and buy them a meal and tell them about veganism while they ate. Chances are they would become more informed and would enjoy the meal or lie and get five bucks out of me, but they'd get the info and exposure to good food either way.

This also has me thinking, well if a meat eater was willing to eat a vegan meal on my dime (who wouldn't take a free meal) then maybe if vegan meals were always available for free, they would be vegans. Of course, this is a costly idea. There's 'Food Not Bombs' who provides free vegan food to the homeless, but that's food for people who can't afford food. Maybe there could be a 'Food Not Cruelty' that could give away free vegan meals around a suburban food court. Of course, these places are usually designed to make it easy for them to kick out unwanted vendors, so maybe just handing out coupons for free meals at a nearby vegan eatery.

I have had the dream for many years to buy a roach coach, a big kitchen on wheels, to make and either sell cheaply or give away vegan foods. It's like opening a restaurant but without location limitations, and probably cheaper rent.

No comments: